|“||Witches of all kinds live their own lives, in worlds unknown to you. They put their faith in themselves, never faltering on what path to take. I'm sure someday, you too will understand... ...what it means to be a "witch."||”|
–Great Witch, Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Background
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Sprite Gallery
- 9 Quotes
- 10 References
- 11 Navigation
The Great Witch has raceless white skin and jet-black eyes with dark circles. Like other witches, she wears a large witch hat and cloak. Her cloak is a dark brown with a red interior, fastened with a button, and her hat is wide brimmed with a red interior, similar to her cloak. Her hair is jet black with her long bangs that reach down to her nose - the length of her hair reaching down to her hips. She is often portrayed with a large three-eyed, three-legged crow sitting on a swirled, wood staff.
In her portrait art, a white feather with black along the top edge of it is also seen; the reason for this is unknown at this time.
She is cold, stubborn, and quite wise.
Evident by her name, she appears to be quite powerful. possessing a respectable title and status. As overseer of the Witch World, she appears to have power over the witches residing there, many of whom are also similarly powerful.
- Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea - The Great Witch appears as a supporting character - a wise witch that Wadanohara visits in an attempt to cure her amnesia.
Chlomaki is one of the Great Witch's fellow witches.
Wadanohara is the Great Witch's acquaintance and fellow witch, introduced to each other by Chlomaki.
Syokamori seems to be the Great Witch's assistant.
Shiroma is one of the Great Witch's fellow witches.
Tuchikure is one of the Great Witch's fellow witches.
- Her name, in Japanese, means "big witch."
- Sometime in 2017, the Great Witch's name was omitted from the Character page and had been reverted from "Daimajo;" the reason behind this change remains unknown.
- The Great Witch's familiar is based off of the mythical creature, the three-legged crow, otherwise known as Samjok-o in Korea, or Yatagarasu in Japan.
- In Korea, the Samjok-o was considered a symbol of the sun. The ancient Goguryo people thought that a three-legged crow lived in the sun while a turtle lived in the moon. Samjok-o was a highly regarded symbol of power, thought superior to both the dragon and the Korean bonghwang. This could emphasize the Great Witch living up to her title.
- In Japanese mythology, this flying creature is a raven or a jungle crow called Yatagarasu (八咫烏, "eight-span crow"), and the appearance of the great bird is construed as evidence of the will of Heaven or divine intervention in human affairs. The crow is a mark of rebirth and rejuvenation, the animal that has historically cleaned up after great battles symbolized the renaissance after such tragedy. This could likely be a reference to how the Great Witch helps with handling the curse on Wadanohara's memory that had happened during conflict.
- Visit Great Witch/Sprites to see the Great Witch's sprite gallery.
- "Witches of all kinds live their own lives, in worlds unknown to you. They put their faith in themselves, never faltering on what path to take. I'm sure someday, you too will understand... ...what it means to be a "witch."" (To Wadanohara in Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea)
Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea
|Enemies · Items|
|Major||Dolpi · Fukami · Helica · Meikai · Memoca · Mikotsuhime · Pulmo · Samekichi · Syakesan · Tatsumiya · Totsusahime · Uomihime · Wadanohara|
|Minor||Adauchi · Aom · Aounabara · Artamos · Cherryblod · Chlomaki · Creamil · Doloz · Great Witch · Hofuru · Idate · Irena · Jiiya · Laurentia · Lobco · Met · Minero · Miyura · Nekoyama · Old · Rimorimo · Seguro · Sheep · Squid · Stella · Tarako · Tomoshibi · Totsusa Soldier · Tsuribari · Ver Million|
|Cameo||Amemiya · Benihotaru · Bloody Mary · Giltz · Gyakuten · Hanahata · Kaen · Kagimori · Maekami · Mogeko · Noir · Ptomain · Reley Lo · Rock · Sagan · Shiroame · Shiroma · Starlit Night · Sullivan · Syokamori · Tetsuzora · Tokinome · Touya · Tsumuri · Tuchikure · Yohira · Ziki|