|“||Witches are good stuff!||”|
–Chlomaki, Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea
|Japanese Name||黒巻 |
|Romaji Name||Kuromaki | Nadīne|
|Character Code||0033 | 0033-2|
|Location||Witch World |
Fumus' World (Previously)
|Affiliation||Witch World |
Fumus' World (Previously)
|Occupation||Fumus' Underling (Previously)|
|Relatives||Elwine (Twin Sister)|
Chlomaki (黒巻) is a pitch-black witch from Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea. She is one of Wadanohara's friends and a witch from a land far away from the sea. In the past, she used to be known as Nadine, the twin sister of Elwine who lived in Fumus' World.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Background
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Battle Statistics
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Quotes
- 10 References
- 11 Navigation
Chlomaki earns the nickname "Pitch Black Witch" from Memoca due to her wearing so much black. Her appearance is somewhat cat-like, as her hat has two, cat ear like points and she possesses a long black feline tail. Without her hat, she is seen with her hair naturally resembling two pointed cat ears. Her eyes are black with white pupils. Her black hair is around floor-length and tied with a low, loose ponytail with the hair tie looking like a buckle. The front of her hair is layered with long bangs framing her face; the longest layer comes to just below her shoulders.
Her black dress reaches around knee-length with a turtle neck and long sleeves with white cuffs. Many belts cross over her dress with silver buckles. Chlomaki also wears gray stockings, white gloves, black boots, and a black, witches' hat that is able to act like another limb; the tip is able to turn into an arm that can extend.
Without her dress, she can be seen wearing a sleeveless white nightgown at times and small dark gray angel wings protruding from her back.
Back when she was an angel, she had golden yellow eyes with white pupils and long white hair streaked with yellow tied with a yellow ribbon into a long loose ponytail. She wore a dark gray skirt, with a white undershirt, a yellow ribbon necktie, a long-sleeved lighter gray sweater, and black loafers with dark gray socks. Along with that, she had a pair of white feathered wings and a halo floating on top her head above white cat-like ears; she also had her feline tail but it was white, like most angels. Both her ears and tail were white, as well as her skin. She had a calmer expression on her face in comparison to her present self.
Chlomaki has a casual air about herself, usually chill in her mannerisms. She often teases her familiar Lobco. She is eccentric, wise, and mysterious, evident in her past as an angel, and her appearances in the Pitch Black World and the Blue Sea. Although she is usually lax and silly, she does care for her friends and expresses concern at times.
In the past, when she was known as the angel Nadine, she appeared to be calmer. Nadine lacked the same flair compared to her witch self, as she was unhappy living in Fumus' World.
Chlomaki used to be an angel named Nadine and lived in Fumus' World. While living there it has been shown she endured gruesome torture at the hands of her god.
Sometime in the past, Nadine abandoned this world and twin sister, emerging as the eccentric witch known as Chlomaki. The only thing that lingered from her past was deep fear for her former god and torturer - Fumus.
In an old now-deleted comic, Nadine called herself to be an oddball in comparison to the other angels, describing them to be "boring."
- Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea - She appeared as an acquaintance to Wadanohara. It was she who introduced Wadanohara to the Daimajo, and she later helped Wadanohara in her efforts to stop the Totsusa Kingdom from invading the Blue Sea Kingdom.
- Obsolete Dream - She appeared as an acquaintance to Kurotsuno.
Wadanohara is one of Chlomaki's fellow witches, having met sometime in the past. They are good friends. It was Chlomaki who introduced Wadanohara to the Daimajo, in hopes that the wise witch might be able to cure Wadanohara's amnesia. Later, Chlomaki travels to the Blue Sea after Wadanohara to deliver the sea witch's beloved ocarina back.
It has been heavily implied that Chlomaki sees a lot of herself in Wadanohara, as both are witches that endured traumatic events in the past and ended up falling in love with one of their familiars.
Lobco is Chlomaki's familiar, who accompanied her to the Blue Sea. She is the only familiar present with the witch during this visit, even though Chlomaki has four other familiars. While Chlomaki cares for Lobco, she dearly enjoys teasing the shrimp to tears. Lobco and Chlomaki also appear together often - in Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea they are seen together constantly, and in Obsolete Dream both appear together on the cover page of Obsolete Dream's third chapter.
Elwine is Chlomaki's younger twin sister. Back when Chlomaki still went by the name of Nadine, it seems they were close. But, when she left heaven, she left Elwine behind. It has been strongly implied that this gravely upset Elwine, who - in her character portrait - can be seen with a melancholic expression holding a yellow ribbon, strongly implied to be the ribbon that bound Nadine's hair.
As of the 2017-10-22 relationship charts update, Elwine has been shown to have unhealthy one-sided romantic feelings towards Nadine; the heart next to her is dripping, similar to Satanick's. It is unknown if Chlomaki knew of her sister's unhealthy side towards her.
It should also be noted that Nadine and Elwine have a complementary color scheme.
Fungas is Chlomaki's familiar and lover. They seem to tease each other on end while also maintaining a comfortable relationship. Fungas has also been shown to cook for her. Deep-Sea Prisoner has furthermore stated that, "He can get pretty jealous, a househusband type of guy, and while he is extremely loyal, he still likes to be a rebel."  He also has a habit of teasing Chlomaki.
They are Chlomaki's familiars.
If and Chlomaki were seen together in two of Deep-Sea Prisoner's artworks. They seem to be on a friendly basis with one another. Not much else is currently known about their relationship.
Fumus was formerly Chlomaki's God when she was an angel known as Nadine. She possesses a deep fear of him due to the torture and abuse she received at his hands. In Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea, Chlomaki tells Wadanohara she "hates rainbows, due to it bringing back bad memories," implying that it may be because of her past with Fumus.
Back when Chlomaki still went by the name of "Nadine," she was a student of Taffy.
Back when Chlomaki still went by the name of "Nadine," she attended the same school as them.
- Although Chlomaki is inaccessible in battle, the code of Chlomaki's supposed stats can still be found in the game's data.
- Visit Chlomaki/Gallery to see Chlomaki's artwork gallery.
- Visit Chlomaki/Sprites to see Chlomaki's sprite gallery.
- Her name, "Chlomaki," means "black scroll" or "black coil," while her past name, "Nadine," meant "hope."
- During the game, she said to Wadanohara that she hates rainbows, due to it bringing back bad memories.
- She has forced Lobco to drink alcohol on multiple occasions. One time, she forced her to drink during the Blue Sea festival in Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea.
- As stated in the manga, her favorite color is pitch black. Her favorite food is sweet candy (especially chocolate) and apples. Her specialty is magic and fishing.
- In Funamusea's CHARACTER page, "Chlomaki" had a lowercase "c," thus making it "chlomaki." This was later corrected.
- She uses black magic that looks like stars.
- From June 28 to August 3, 2017, Deep-Sea Prisoner hosted a character popularity poll that let each person vote three of their favorite characters. When the results came out on September 7, 2017, Chlomaki was ranked 12th. 
- Her hat acts as another limb; it is able to turn into an extra arm that can extend and grab things.
- In some illustrations, as well as in a panel of Obsolete Dream, it is shown that her hat also appears to be alive, as Chlomaki can be seen comforting it and feeding it.
- Two omakes found in the back of the physical Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea manga explain why Lobco rides on the brim of Chlomaki's hat in her shrimp form; before, she used to follow Chlomaki in her shrimp form on foot, which caused Chlomaki to instinctively pounce on top of her.
- "Geez, what a nagging familiar you are... Maybe you should learn from Wadanohara's, yeah?" (To Lobco )
- "Um... a bird... an octopus, and............... a shark?" (Chlomaki pertaining to Wadanohara's familiars)
- "Witches are good stuff!" (In Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea )
Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea
|Enemies · Items|
|Major||Dolpi · Fukami · Helica · Meikai · Memoca · Mikotsuhime · Pulmo · Samekichi · Syakesan · Tatsumiya · Totsusahime · Uomihime · Wadanohara|
|Minor||Adauchi · Aom · Aounabara · Artamos · Cherryblod · Chlomaki · Creamil · Doloz · Great Witch · Hofuru · Idate · Irena · Jiiya · Laurentia · Lobco · Met · Minero · Miyura · Nekoyama · Old · Rimorimo · Seguro · Sheep · Squid · Stella · Tarako · Tomoshibi · Totsusa Soldier · Tsuribari · Ver Million|
|Cameo||Amemiya · Benihotaru · Bloody Mary · Giltz · Gyakuten · Hanahata · Kaen · Kagimori · Maekami · Mogeko · Noir · Ptomain · Reley Lo · Rock · Sagan · Shiroame · Shiroma · Starlit Night · Sullivan · Syokamori · Tetsuzora · Tokinome · Touya · Tsumuri · Tuchikure · Yohira · Ziki|
Obsolete Dream Characters
|Major||Hanten · Kurotsuno · Maekami · Met · Sullivan|
|Minor||Anten · Bis · Chishibuki · Chlomaki · Glasses · Gyakuten · Reina · Shikabone|
|Cameo||Chikemuri · Giltz · Lobco · Mikazki · Shizk · Silone · Sirius|